Monday, October 4, 2010

Praying for Missionaries: for Spiritual Renewal!

 
 Pray for Spiritual renewal
Pray for Spiritual Renewal!

".so that I may come to you in joy by the will of God and find refreshing rest in your company" Romans 15:32 (NASB - Emphasis added).
  • Pray that the missionaries seek the Holy Spirit and be encouraged by Him.
  • Pray that they have the discipline to study the Word of God, to pray faithfully so that God will reward him publicly.
  • Pray that they will have good Christian fellowship with other believers.
"I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me" Romans 15:30 (NIV).

Prayer is so Important to Mission Work!

The Apostle Paul was a missionary and a man of prayer.  He prayed for those who did not know Christ.  He prayed for the believers and for the new churches established through his ministry.  He also asked other believers to pray for him.  "I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me" Romans 15:30 (NIV).

The Apostle Paul also knew that prayer bears fruit:

"He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many" 2 Corinthians 1:10, 11 (NIV).

In his epistle, Paul gave specific prayer requests for the believers to pray.  As a prayer "partner" of missionaries, you also will be a part of the impact that the Lord makes around the world.

The Apostle Paul understood the greatest need of missionaries.

I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now" Philippians 1:3-5 (NIV).
Thank you for praying



Print

No comments:

Here you will find inspiration and encouragement for your prayer life. Prayer is the great gift of God to us. Make use of it often. It is supernatural lightning in the Book. It is the Holy Spirit partnering with you. It is how you touch the face of God.

Search This Blog