Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bible Heroes and the Bible Example of Faith and Devotion to the Lord!

People of faith have known the power of prayer since time began. Now even the secular worlds of psychology and medicine are catching on. Studies have shown that prayer (and meditation) can help heal. Hospitals across the land have even bolstered their "prayer therapy" for the sick and recovering. At the very least, prayers are comforting in times of need. Try praying daily to experience how the God of the ages will work a miracle in your life.
Here's a morning prayer for healing by author Jordan Rubuin that you can use as a guideline: "Father God, I thank You for creating me in Your image. I praise You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I confess that You are the God that heals, my Great Physician. I ask You to heal my body from the top of my head to the soles of my feet and keep me strong so that I might serve you today. I pray that You would regenerate every bone, joint, tendon, ligament, tissue, organ, and cell of my body. This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. In Jesus Name, Amen!"

Learn From the Biblical Example

All of the great heroes of the Bible, from Abraham to Hannah (the mother of the prophet Samuel) to John the Beloved, were people of fervent faith and devotion. One after another, they demonstrated the power and peace available through prayer and communion with the Creator. Continue in their line of faithful people. This is our day to be faithful heroes for our great God!  Be a person of prayer and the Word!

No comments:

Here you will find inspiration and encouragement for your prayer life. Prayer is the great gift of God to us. Make use of it often. It is supernatural lightning in the Book. It is the Holy Spirit partnering with you. It is how you touch the face of God.

Search This Blog