Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A CHRISTMAS PRAYER -- THANK GOD FOR THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL!

DEAR FRIENDS IN CHRIST:


Amidst the giving of gifts, the excitement of children and the cooking of traditional dinners, it is easy to miss "the reason for the season", the birth of God's son, Jesus Christ. Here is a prayer I said silently in a moment aside from the rush taht sometimes comes this time of year. Take time for Jesus! Perhaps this little prayer will inspire you in your prayer time as we consider the birth of births!

A CHISTMAS PRAYER

Lord. As I spend these holy days in your honor, help me to put aside any bitterness that I'm not celebrating at home with loved ones, friends or others. Help me to cherish those I know and help me to mend any brokeness with others.. I ask you, Loving Father, to give me a special sense of your presence as I meet people, that I may shed on them the light of the Bethlehem Star, the Spirit of Christmas.

Father God, When your precious Son became a tiny baby in a stable in Bethlehem in poverty and simplicity, you changed our world. As we imagine those surroundings, we join with the shepherds and the wise men in wonder and praise. We thank you for our material lives, praise you for our spiritual lives, and trust in you for our eternal life. IN JESUS NAME, Amen.

No comments:

Here you will find inspiration and encouragement for your prayer life. Prayer is the great gift of God to us. Make use of it often. It is supernatural lightning in the Book. It is the Holy Spirit partnering with you. It is how you touch the face of God.

Search This Blog