Thursday, December 17, 2009

Every Great Work of the Church Begins With Prayer -- Change Our Hearts, O God

It is ttue thatEvery great work in the Church begins with someone on their knees. We must Tap into the power of God through prayer. It is also true that Prayer changes the pray-er. One of the most important and valuable ways that God answers our prayers is by changing our hearts.


The hymn (chorus) Change My Heart, O God contains these words: “Change my heart. O God, make it ever true. Change my heart, O God, may I be like You. You are the Potter, I am the clay; mold me and make me, this is what I pray. Change my heart, O God, make it ever true. Change my heart, O God, may I be like You.

Here we see truth based on scripture, and a spiritual insight that directs my thoughts to God. Language has great power in our lives to shape and inform our reality. Matthew 12:34 and Luke 6:45 remind us of Jesus’ teaching that out of the abundance of the heart come the words that we speak. Our meditation and prayers in both word and song shape our thoughts and shape the way we believe and speak and act. James 5:16 reminds us that the prayer of the righteous has great power in its effects.

One of the most powerful effects of the prayer of faith is to change us as we pray to be more like Jesus.

No comments:

Here you will find inspiration and encouragement for your prayer life. Prayer is the great gift of God to us. Make use of it often. It is supernatural lightning in the Book. It is the Holy Spirit partnering with you. It is how you touch the face of God.

Search This Blog